Did you know that Dilish Parekh from Mumbai holds the Guinness Book of Records for being the guy with the largest collection of cameras, he has 4,425 since 1977. Since then, for instance, the world of photography has evolved; we realize that there’s nothing so much different, but just going back to the basics.
The photography, especially in the advertising arena, has taken a brand new angle in 2017, with more trends expected to emerge as the year progresses. This dynamic nature of commercial photography is attributed to pressure from technological advancements and the need to remain relevant to the customers, by attracting their attention through the choice of images we use.
Recent BBC research indicated that the digital photography industry had a growth rate of 3.8% annually with an estimated value of over $100 billion by the end of the year 2017.
Top photography trends
The whole world economy is dynamic, so as photography industry. Below are some of the advancements in this industry, which has inspired huge changes in the way we take our photos.
• Use of flash- use of camera flash is gaining traction this year. Flash enables you to get the balance right by eliminating blown-out highlights. Correct balance creates a feeling of reality
• Use of tattoos- tattoos are gaining popularity, especially with the commercial agencies. They just hire a model with tattoos to save time rather than having an airbrushed one
• Use of black and white- monochrome is making a serious comeback in 2017. Monochrome enables adverts to carry bright colored logos and texts.
• Less editing- they say is more or at least less is more.
• No posing- models are now being directed to take natural positions and get real
It is clear that the year 2017 will be a year to watch out. More real things are coming up, and even people are going back to back in the days when all you had was a disposable camera. Photography has always been the store for memories. And memories are real feelings, people, and places.